Christian Thibaudeau decided to give CrossFit a try last summer and shares his experience over at T Nation.
Here’s what you need to know…
• While the thinking used to be that CrossFit made guys weak, the average competitor in the CrossFit Games is very impressive.
• Quite a few CrossFit girls have better physiques than some figure competitors, even without dieting.
• There’s something magical about being able to perform an explosive lift when you’re metabolically fatigued and your heart rate is skyrocketing.
• Doing submaximal lifting that focuses more on speed and density of work, like you do in CrossFit, is a great way to build muscle.
• CrossFit can also get you lean fast, even with zero emphasis on nutrition.
I have a secret. I did CrossFit almost exclusively last summer. I’ve competed in Olympic lifting, powerlifting, and I’ve been a competitive bodybuilder… and now I can say I’ve been a CrossFitter too. I went to CrossFit Levis three times a week and then trained on my own to work on strength and my Olympic lifts. I actually kept a kind of CrossFit journal back then. So, one year later, here it is: my CrossFit diary, along with some current-day observations.[Read More]