Interview by Juma Iraki of Iraki Nutrition with Eric Helms who discuss pre-contest dieting. Some of the topics they discuss are:
1. What are the biggest mistakes you see people do pre-contest? Being a natural bodybuilder yourself, what are the biggest mistakes you did in your career and what have you changed with your approach?
2. Do you feel that athletes often underestimate how much weight they have to loss to get stage ready? Is it possible for everyone to get that “stage lean”?
3. Does your approach for training and cardio change during the pre contest diet? Do you incorporate diet breaks and refeeds?
4. If you where do give your 3 best tips for a successful pre-contest diet, what would they be?
5. What are your general guidelines when taking an athlete from a pre-contest diet and transitioning them over to an off season diet?