The truth about soreness.

Discussion forum to talk about training
Graham

The truth about soreness.

Postby Graham » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:45 pm

Below is a great link to a fantastic article explaining 'the truth about soreness'.
It's another great article from t-nation.
Dean I think you'll like his shirt!

https://www.t-nation.com/training/truth-about-soreness

Now you really don't need to be sore after every workout.

Graham. 8-)
Vanguard

Re: The truth about soreness.

Postby Vanguard » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:38 am

I actually posted that up on my site back when it came out, very good article. I would follow it up with this one http://www.vanguardbodybuilding.com/soreness-isnt-a-goal/

One of the things I find that helps with soreness is to consume BCAA's after my training. I find it helps my recovery and reduces soreness the next day. I also find if I train more frequently I am not as sore and when I do train not trying to destroy myself like I use to in my 20's following the pro's of the day training program. I remember after training legs I could barely walk and sore the next day?? who would not be? :)
Dean "Vanguard" Lester
Graham

Postby Graham » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:50 am

VG,

I've looked at those videos by Ross and can't agree more.
The only true measure of whether you are improving is; are you getting bigger/stronger whilst still staying lean/getting leaner.
Soreness normally hampers a workout and doesn't assist a workout.

BCAAs is something I need to look at.
Do you feel they really make a difference? How do you take/incorporate them into your diet? What else do you take a supplements?
I only take Omega3 fish oil 3g/day, I'm trying Carnitine with my Creatine, as I train at 06:00 am in the morning having not eaten previously. I do have a protein shake before working out.

Graham.
Vanguard

Postby Vanguard » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:47 am

There have been several studies that show BCAA's help reduce soreness and along with my own personal experience I do think they make a real difference. I admit that I have taken a fair amount of supplements in the past trying to gain as much muscle as fast as possible however I have reduced my supplementation to what I feel helps the most.

On training days when I get home from the gym I take 12g BCAA's (one and a half scoops of Allmax Aminocore) along with 5g creatine monohydrate.

After supper I take a probiotic, 150mg of magnesium citrate, 5000mg vitamin D, 3g Omega fish oil and a multivitamin.

Bed time I take 50g of casein protein and on non training days add in 5g of creatine monohydrate.
Dean "Vanguard" Lester

Return to “General Training”