Fit by 50

Share and post your training logs so others can see how you train
Rendy

Fit by 50

Postby Rendy » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:43 pm

I've been there before... had an amazing mentor, who believed in me, taught me to believe in myself!! Do or do not--there is no try...thanks Brian! My other source of inspiration has been Dean...maybe because he's not a man behind and keyboard but someone I've met and seen the commitment and dedication to this lifestyle.

I am 247 lbs...the heaviest I have ever been. Being fit was once based almost solely on esthetics...now being fit is baaes on health. I feel unhealthy and I want to feel young and vibrant at age 50.

I am so blessed. Incredible husband, amazing children. I want to be my best for them...and can only do that by being the best I can be :).

I have three goals. Post daily, concentrate on nutrition and be active.

Rendy
Vanguard

Re: Fit by 50

Postby Vanguard » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:14 am

Hi Rendy! :)

So good to see you here and excited to see you succeed in your goals! Lets start things off with some great words of wisdom and encouragement from Jordan Syatt of Syatt Fitness.

If you are on Instagram I highly suggest you follow him. I can't embed his Instagram post here so just going to do my best to recreate it.

How to burn fat.jpg
How to burn fat.jpg (80.37 KiB) Viewed 894 times

HOW TO BURN FAT
-
Most people, despite putting in a ton of time and effort for years on end, get locked into a perpetual diet for a majority of their life. A never ending cycle of gaining and losing the same weight over and over, and often never truly being happy with how they look and feel in their own skin.
-
And that sucks. Not just because you're putting in so much time and effort without the result you want, but also because not feeling good and confident in your own skin can seep into all aspects of your life, and I never want anyone to feel that way ever again.
-
The thing about the fitness industry is it changes your expectations. It drives you to believe there is a "best workout" or "best diet" or "best exercise" or "best supplement" or blah blah blah. And all this does is cause you to look for that one "quick fix" that will give you the best results in the least amount of time. And when you look for the quick fix...you set yourself up for disappointment.
-
Listen, you know there is no quick fix. You know there is no magic pill or wizarding sorcery or powerful potion that will fast track you to success.
-
It's not sexy or marketable or fun...but the only way to achieve your goals is through consistent exercise, solid nutrition, and hard work. That really is "the secret."
-
BUT! The part I don't want you to forget is that I believe in you. I really do. I'm not just saying it to say it. I'm saying it because I've worked with thousands of people - many of whom didn't believe they could succeed - and simply knowing someone else believed in them gave them the power and drive to keep powering forward. Keep pushing and driving and working even (and especially) when they felt like all hope was gone.
-
Remember this --> I believe in you and there isn't a doubt in my mind you can succeed. Not one. Because you can. I know you can. The only caveat is now YOU need to believe in you. YOU need to trust yourself. YOU need to be your biggest supporter and believe in your own ability to succeed. Because once you believe in yourself, I truly believe anything is possible.
-
You got this. I mean it.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

You reaching out to me and starting this log shows you believe in YOU. So now it just consistent exercise, solid nutrition and hard work! :) Off to a great start!

Dean
Dean "Vanguard" Lester
Rendy

Postby Rendy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:23 pm

Weight 244lbs.

Thank you for the encouraging post!!

It's been a few days, and I have not done what I said I am going to do...don't need a "you can do it Rendy". It's priorities, right?!? I allow myself to become busy with other things, make the things that don't matter, matter, and the things that should matter...well you know.

I've printed that picture from below and have pasted it near me...to remind myself that this will be work!

I will have a workout done tonight and my measurements done.

Now before it comes across that I have completely blown it out of the water. My diet has been great and I have got in small amounts of cardio.

I will post in my journal each day between 4 and 6 and detail what my previous day was for activity and meals.
Vanguard

Postby Vanguard » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:10 pm

Its all about being consistent and as you said making things that matter the priority. I think that is something we all struggle with and you know what needs to be done. Looking forward to seeing you but it into action :)
Dean "Vanguard" Lester
Rendy

Postby Rendy » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:50 pm

Morning Weight - 201.4

It's coming slowly but surely...taking some time to get things right. Last night I did a lower body workout, a lot of body weight type exercises, I will need to journal them, forgot my book at home last night.

Today at lunch I walked the stairs in the river valley. I will count them tomorrow. Tonight I will be doing Upper body and will make sure I take my journal so I can show my progress.

Diet Yesterday:
Has been great and on track, I haven't been measuring, but eating what I think is appropriate. No added sugar, or processed foods.

Breakfast
Bowl of Raisin Bran cereal - Approx 1 cup
.5 glass of milk

Lunch
Large veggie salad with two eggs and minimal dressing.

Protein shake before workout.

Okay, as I write this....WOW, that is so bad!!! I will not lose weight if I keep eating next to nothing!! It gets busy and I forget.

Rendy
Vanguard

Postby Vanguard » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:08 am

Eating consistently is a big key. I always ensure I have protein in every meal I eat. General recommendation is at least 20 to 25 grams of protein every 4 to 5 hours to maximize protein synthesis. For myself i consume 40 to 50 grams due to the fact I am a bigger guy and require more protein and as we age our response to protein decreases so a 20 year old is fine with 20 gm it takes more the older we get to trigger the same response. Another benefit of protein is its very filling which helps when you are dieting.
Dean "Vanguard" Lester
Rendy

Postby Rendy » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:05 pm

Just finshed my workout...starving...Gotta figure this siet part out. Thank you for the idea of the protein I shoukd be eating. More tonight :)
Rendy

Postby Rendy » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:33 pm

Did not get a workout in today. Left work at 6, went to the farmers market with my husband, went 80's shopping with my daughter for her school dance tomorrow.
.what was fun :) . Just home now. Diet today waa great
Managed to figure out the macros I should be having
Going to start at 50 40 10..see how that goes.
Vanguard

Postby Vanguard » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:22 pm

I never ended up getting my training in yesterday either. One of the reason I like training only 4 days a week is it allows a bit of flexibility with what else is going on in my life.

Glad you have a game plan with your diet and I hope your daughter has fun at the dance!

Cheers,
Dean
Dean "Vanguard" Lester
Rendy

Postby Rendy » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:25 pm

Morning Weight 239.4 - On June 23rd

I have not so much been MIA as I have been BUSY, oh my gosh I need more hours in my day that still allow me to sleep!!

I have been working out, every second day, and at least 3 times per week I have been doing stairs in the River Valley on my lunch hour.

Diet has been 80% of what I was wanting. Still find it tough some days but as I for the most part have been consistant...it is becoming much more exciting as I picture changes!

I don't know where to squeeze all aspects of my life in. Up at 6 in bed by 11 and there is honestly not a minute that I am not doing something or cleaning or ... I tend to become anxious when I don't get everything done I want to get done. I am going to Yoga tonight, I need to learn how not to stress. My blood pressure was 205/115 two weeks ago. It is not ever that high, usually 140/88, which is still high.

Just heading home from work now, taking my son to the gym with me and then time to finish some things for the long weekend. Going to Drumheller to meet my parents. It's half way for both of us. Their from Saskatchewan.

Return to “Training Logs”