Another great podcast from Guru Performance!
Episode 11 of the Guru Performance ‘We Do Science’ podcast! In this episode Laurent Bannock discusses ‘Metabolic Efficiency’ with Bob Seebohar MS RD CSCS – Sport Dietitian, Exercise Physiologist, and former Sports Dietitian, US Olympic Committee (www.Fuel4Mance.com). In this session they get into:
- What is Metabolic Efficiency?
- The Brooks Crossover Concept
- Substrate (Fuel) Utilisation Concepts
- Why Be More ‘Metabolically Efficient’?
- Performance and Health Benefits
- How To Test Metabolic Efficiency
- Carbohydrates, Glycemic Index, Insulin etc and Metabolic Efficiency
- How to Become More Metabolically Efficient
- Nutrition Periodisation